Monday, December 7, 2009

Macross Frontier Lucky draw figures


Yay, today I took a break from playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare2 and visited my friends at Toyslogic to pick up some figures. I came home with all 3 of the special prize figures from the Ichiban Kuji Lucky draw. These figures are made by Banpresto and it's actually the 2nd run of the lottery. The first ones had all 3 figures in normal colored dress. This 2nd version, as you all can see above, is in silver. I've been told that only 800 were made. I don't know if that's true or whether or not its 800 sets or 800 pieces in total. The important thing is that I now own a set.

So, onto box images. Here's the front of the box of Prize A, Klan Klan in her Macronized form.


And the back of the box

Now onto the box of Prize B, Sheryl Nome. Front.

And the back.

Finally the box of Prize C, Ranka Lee. Front.

And the back.

The boxes are pretty standard figure boxes. The figures can be seen from the window up front and the back has production pics of the product. Kinda boring talking about boxes, so let's go to some group shots like the one at the beginning of this post. Here you can see the size difference between all 3 figs. Klan is of course the tallest, Ranka the smallest, and Sheryl sort of in between.

The display base for each one of them spells out S.M.S. which stands for "Strategic Military Services" if I remember correctly. The bases don't have connecting joints or anything messy like that. All I did was stand them next together which is straight forward and simple.

Some more pics. I should invest in some better lighting for this sort of thing. :)






So that's it for today. I took pics of each one of the girls and I'll just do a separate post for each of them with some info on the character and my thoughts on the figs themselves. Tomorrow I'll start things off with Klan Klan the hot macronized meltrandi. Hotness+1.

3 comments:

  1. The set is really nice, but I prefer the normal version ^^ I am waitinfg for the first Ranka Lee version ^^ I'am more impatient with your picture ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to get the normal version too, but I missed out when they first went up for pre-order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those figures look great. I just received my set as a Christmas gift. Sounds like we were lucky enough to have 2 of the 800 sets.
    Xero

    ReplyDelete