Friday, October 16, 2009

Figma Lacus Clyne

A while back I saw a picture of a custom made Figma Lacus Clyne. It was posted on Dannychoo.com by member Quentin Lau. I then went over to his blog to read his posting. The custom was made by a Chinese customizer who is a member of the Toys Daily forum. I was so impressed by his work that I decided to follow in his footsteps and make myself a Figma Lacus Clyne. It was at this point that I saw the potential to Figma customizing and the joys that came with it.

So here's my attempt and how I went about it. First I studied what the person did to create their custom. Sadly I'm not as experienced or as skilled, but I'm really good at improvising. I didn't watch all those McGuyver episodes when I was a kid for nothing.

Anyway, after studying the pictures and their work in progress pics, I procured a set of the Gundam Seed Trading figures necessary for this custom. I then set about ravishing my Miku Figma for the pieces I needed. Once the trading figs arrived, I went about and got the head and clothes needed. After some messing around and experimenting I came up with this.

The coat came from a different trading fig that I got a while back. It's made out of soft rubber like material so it works well with this custom.

I then compared how it looked with the rest of my figmas. Since it looked pretty good and is of the same size I was happy. Unfortunately I had to wait until I got more figmas and more free time to continue this custom. After many months I finally got back to it.

Here are the arms when I painted it black. You can see Lacus on the right and Miku on the left. The custom for her will be on a different post. Anyway, after the paint dried I clear coasted it. Then after that dried I put the arms on Lacus and this is how it looks.


So that's what I have so far. It's pretty much done, but I may do something about her shoes so that it's more accurate to the high-heeled-pointy-toe type she actually wore in the series. I should probably take better pictures too and some without her coat on.

1 comment: