Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WIP: Nemesis Prime

A project I've been wanting to do since I got my Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime is a Nemesis Prime repaint. I'm going to do both the figure and the battle tanker upgrade set by Maketoys so that the complete set will match. After much time procrastinating, I decided to just get it over with and take the figure apart. The heat here has been hitting up to 112 degrees, so sometimes I take short cuts and that left me with some sloppy newbie mistakes. Anyway, the progress thus far below:
I'm using a gloss black to make it a little shinier. I do like my stuff shiny so it's only natural I go with a gloss black. The tanker is also shiny.
Kinda like my Primus is also shiny.
Primus I'll have to do a separate post. I'm pretty happy with my work on him and he's the first large transformer I've repainted. Hopefully my next post will be the completion of Nemesis Prime. Until then.

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking the silver on Battle Tanker. Way better than the dull plastic grey. They should have made it shiny to begin with, considering it cost over $100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, totally. The price alone should warrant shinier paint. I guess that's why it went on sale at bbts a while back. I'm gonna work more on the paint on the tanker. It needs more punch.

    ReplyDelete