Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Figma Meiya repaint part 2

Whoa, it's been a hectic couple of weeks for me as a figma fan. First Yui and Ui are announced and preorders for Yui have now been closed. Fortunately I was able to secure one. Mio was announced earlier this week and I hope I'll be able to secure a preorder for her as well. I guess I'll see on friday when it officially opens.

Now onto what I've been working on this week. I decided to get started on the arms for my Figma Meiya repaint. I did the usual cleaning and some light sanding to prep the arms. Then I separated the arms and proceeded to paint them white.

It took quite a few coats of paint since I didn't primer the arms before hand. After letting it dry for a day, I masked it for when I put some coats of blue down. The tape I'm using sux and I need some better tape. There's quite a bit of leftover tape and some seeped paint on the shoulder patches.


Anyway, looks alright for now. I can just touch up and clean up the bits later down the line. I still need to paint the hands and the other leg. Then I can give the parts to my friend Eddy who has painted the body for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment