Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Star Wars Transformer Magna Guard

One of the best cross overs in toy brands is the Star Wars Transformers crossover. These are just the Star Wars vehicles seen in the movies given the ability to transform into a robot. A truly smart move by Hasbro. My friend Hsunami Prime did a review of one and had a favorable impression of it. That piqued my curiosity and after buying a Magna Guard fighter for him as a present, I soon succumbed to that curiosity and opened the toy.

All in all it's pretty solid as a Transformer toy. It's simple and prone to some parts popping out, but very efficient in transforming into it's fighter mode. The parts are all flushed and fit in nicely and the weapons storage in fighter mode is very impressive. The robot mode is pretty good, but I had one major issue with it. The head isn't painted silver like it's chest.


That's quite annoying to me and so I thought of painting it silver since I had the paint. Before that though, I noticed that the back of the hands could use some painting while I was at it.

So, first up was painting the head silver. I went all out and painted the entire head silver, even the eyes.


Once the silver was dry I painted the eyes gold and the stripe on the top of its head gold to match. Then I thought that the missiles on it's shoulders would look good with gold tips. I then painted those gold and put a silver base below the it as an accent.



I then painted the back of the hands gold to match the color scheme. While I was at it I painted the tips of the missiles in its guns gold, but ran out of paint then.

Now the cool thing about the missiles on its shoulders is that it forms his staff. With the tips painted gold, it adds to the look of the staff once formed.


Of course in fighter mode, the gold stands out and adds to it's overall look.


So there it is, my Magna Guard transformer. Since it was meant as a present for my friend, I went and bought another one before I hung out with him. When I did, I told him to compare the one I painted with the normal one and choose which one to keep. Of course he took the one that I painted like I'd hope. I was then able to go home and happily paint the second one. All in all it was just a simple modification but, it added a lot to the Magna Guard toy.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, now yours look just like the one you gave me, except on mine you didn't paint the gun missiles. painting the head silver makes a big difference, much better than that dull grey

    ReplyDelete